Much of our produce is local and organically sourced
Active recycling of all waste
Discount for using public transportOur Environmental Policy...
Lasswade Country House
Station Road, Llanwrtyd Wells
Powys, LD5 4RW. Wales
Our Local Area
Lasswade Country House Hotel, restaurant with rooms is an award winning luxury hotel in Wales, Ideally situated to enjoy a wide range of outdoor activities from walking to golf, mountain biking to historic sites. Situated in Llanwrtyd Wells, Powys and perfectly located for visitors to enjoy mid wales and the Brecon Beacons National Park.
Llanwrtyd Wells is a gateway to the wild and beautiful Cambrian Mountains, located just north of the Brecon Beacons, Llandovery and the Epynt Hills and is a central location for Cardiff, Hereford, Carmarthen, Newtown and Aberystwyth. Llanwrtyd Wells won the Calor Gas Village of the Year 2009.
The Lasswade is an ideal location for a wide range of country leisure activities including shooting, golf, fishing, mountain biking, walking, whitewater rafting, horse riding and off road driving, or just simply taking that important quality time out, relaxing with the family.
Rolling hills, rugged wild mountains, vast forests, gentle valleys with streams, rivers and waterfalls help form part of the landscape around Llanwrtyd Wells (pronounced Clun-oo-tid). Llanwrtyd was originally translated from Welsh as “bridge over the ford” but later known as “Church on its own”. There is so much to do and see in and around the Llanwrtyd Wells area at all times of the year such as, country houses, castles and gardens, as well as the old market towns, mines, dams, hidden chapels and abbeys, antique centers and craft shops. Tracing your ancestors is also an interesting pastime.
Throughout the year, there are many events in Mid Wales such as the legendery Royal Welsh Agricultural Show, green events, food festivals, equestrian shows and sales, such as, Builth Wells Cob Sales. Llanwrtyd is also famous for the extremely popular World Bog Snorkeling, and Man vs Horse race! Talking of races, why not have a great day at the Races at Ffoss Lass, just 1 hours drive from here.
The nearest railway station is in Llanwrtyd Wells, a 5 minute walk from the hotel. There is an incentive for those who wish to reduce their carbon footprint by traveling this way.
Top 10 Things to Do in the Area
- Mid Wales offers a tranquility that is hard to imagine. Why not sit and enjoy watching the beautiful scenery, bring your pencils and draw/paint the local landscape.
- Take a long or short walk into the hills or for those who wish to be more adventurous, hire a mountain bike or go pony trekking.
- There are also 3 excellent golf courses; Cradoc at Brecon, Builth Wells and the challenging hills of Llandrindod Wells golf course.
- Tour the local area, drive into the mountains and explore the Llyn Brianne or Elan Valley Dams with local Hostelries on route.
- Get away from high street shopping, experience the boutiques and the shops of local market towns.
- Visit ruined castles for example Carreg Cennen near Trap, Dinefwr Castle near Llandeillo or Powis Castle near Welshpool.
- Experience traditional Welsh town and village shows (like we used to have in England!) and watch Harness Horse Racing after.
- Visit RSPB sites and Red Kite Feeding Centre, near Rhayader.
- If you like gardens, visit Aberglasney lost gardens and the Botanical Gardens of Wales.
- Experience going underground with gold, silver and lead mines at Brecon Show Caves.
Whatever the reason for your visit we aim to exceed your expectations and hope you return again.